DEADLINE: AUGUST 28
Work With Us
We have an exciting opportunity for a part-time or full-time Dialogue on Science, Ethics, and Religion (DoSER) Intern in Washington, DC. DoSER is part of the Center of Science, Policy, and Society Programs, and facilitates communication between scientific and religious communities. DoSER builds on AAAS's long-standing commitment to relate scientific knowledge and technological development to the purposes and concerns of society at large. The duration of the internship is 12-weeks, preferably beginning in early September.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the administration of the Engaging Scientists in the Science and Religion Dialogue project
- Contribute to the development and implementation of project deliverables
- Assist with the planning and logistics of multiple meetings and conferences
- Conduct research on topics and current events relevant to science and religion
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Must currently be enrolled in a Master's degree program or recently graduated from an undergraduate program. Pursuing a degree in science related discipline preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of prior work/internship experience in an office setting
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Sincere interest in public engagement and interest in fostering dialogue between scientific and religious communities
- Strong background/coursework in one or more of the following: biology, evolutionary biology, astrobiology, ecology, physics, genetics, bioethics, religious studies, or theology
- Familiarity with contemporary software packages, particularly Microsoft Office
- Experience with digital media and social media communication platforms
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter via the AAAS application portal by August 28, 2017. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If we think you might be a good fit for the role, we will contact you with next steps.
AAAS is an EO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category. AAAS uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees.