Why is Science Important to You?
Your submission might be published in Science!
- Why is science important to you?
- How has science affected your life, your career, or your community?
- Why is it important that the government continue to invest in research and support the scientific enterprise?
- What message would you like to send to policymakers regarding science?
AAAS (the publisher of Science) is collecting stories about the importance of science. Personal stories are a great way to communicate scientific endeavors, and to bring context to policy discussions and in community outreach.
Selected stories will be posted online on the Force For Science website and may be published in an upcoming issue of Science. Stories should be less than 150 words. Submission deadline for print consideration is 31 March. Anonymous submissions will not be considered.
Share Your Stories Terms for Submission
- You agree to provide your name and an e-mail address as a way of verifying the source of your posting and as a method of communication if we need to contact you.
- You acknowledge and agree that AAAS shall have no obligation to post, display or otherwise make (or continue to make) publicly available any response submitted by you, and may, in its sole discretion, remove, edit, modify or delete any material submitted by you.
- You agree that you will not submit material that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy or that otherwise violates any law.
- You are solely responsible for your submission.